- Follow @Mediasoftball on Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram!!!
- Email us at email@example.com!
We are writing today to provide an update regarding our 2020 Spring Season. It was announced that PA schools are closed through the end of this school year. It is still uncertain when we will be able to get back to normal activities throughout the country.
We know that many of you may be dealing with job loss or other financial issues due to COVID-19. In light of all of this, we would like to issue refunds to all registered MAGS players and to all sponsors. We are officially cancelling our previously scheduled Spring 2020 Season.
That all being said, we are committed to figuring out a way for these girls to have some sort of season at some point in the near future. If we get to a place in the coming months that we are allowed to resume group activities, we will formulate a creative solution to put together a “season". We will then re-open registration at that time with an adjusted cost to reflect those changes. We have no idea at this time what that may look like, but please know that the Board met earlier this week to discuss options and are currently brainstorming potential ideas for when we are allowed to go back to normal activities. We miss all of you so much and want to do whatever we can to get these girls their softball fun!
Details for Refunds:
- All In-House players will get refunded the full registration fee, volunteer fee and late fee (if applicable).
- All Travel Ball players will get a refund for the registration fee and volunteer fee MINUS fees for gym rental space that was used in the winter and for uniforms that have been ordered. We will reach out to all at a future date for a safe uniform pickup time (we expect an opportunity for the uniforms to be used for the Fall Ball season and/or Spring 2021 season).
- For anyone who ordered a “Play Like a Girl T-Shirt", we will work with our vendor at an appropriate time to get a pickup of those shirts and provide an opportunity for pickup of orders at a future and safe date.
- We thank our sponsors for the 2020 season and will also be refunding them, as we know many are small businesses that are in need right now. We can’t thank them enough for their support of MAGS and look forward to their sponsorship again next year!
- Media Police Association
- RF Bondurant Plumbing and Heating
- Galantino Supply
- Pinocchio’s Restaurant
- McLoughlin Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Forwood & Christie Orthodontics
- Media VFW
- Pompetti Heating & Air Conditioning
- Earth & State
- Media Recreation Board
- We will work through the logistics of providing these refunds over the next few weeks. Most refunds will be issued via PayPal. For others who paid by check, we will work though the process of refunding you via check.
- If you do not receive a refund by April 30th, please email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is definitely not a communication that we wanted to send, as we were all hoping for a start to the season to get these girls back on the field. Please know that we are thinking about all of you and if there is anything we can do for you during this time, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Keep tagging us on social media with your backyard practice videos and pictures. We love seeing them! Maybe we will even get videos out there with some of your favorite coaches providing some practices drills for all of you.
Stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you on the field soon!
The Board of Media Area Girls Softball